National Alternative Lender Becomes Canada’s
First 100% Cloud Financial Institution
When this alternative loan solutions provider was faced with having to build an entirely new IT organization following an acquisition, it opted for cloud adoption. But ensuring a smooth, secure and seamless transition to a new cloud-only infrastructure with minimal impact on the business was no small feat: Not only would the transition necessitate the right synergy, culture and values to effectively support its 200+ branches across the country, but it was also faced with a tight timeframe of one (1) year to dissociate itself from the former firm’s Canadian operations.
The team needed to understand the application architectures and data in order to plan for the cloud architecture. It also needed to define the data migration strategy given that the largest database migrated was hosted on an AIX system. The migration essentially required a highly strategic use of new physical servers and AWS DMS migration service.
- Migration of 35 critical applications within a very tight timeframe
- Improved operational efficiency through automation and orchestration of instances
- $11M global project management
- Security integration (SaC) and configuration of PCI compliance
- Adoption of Agile methodology for the deployment and DevOps for the evolution of applications
- Implementation of a stable environment that supported the deployment and migration of 2,000 business users while maintaining the human factor at the heart of its strategy