A banking institution providing comprehensive financial services to small and medium-sized businesses and individuals worldwide stabilizes its operations, accelerates its security and compliance and reduces risk with a multi-cloud strategy including scalable governance.
Multi-cloud strategy outpaced ability to scale and manage all environments
In the process of an organizational transformation to a "you build it, you run it" way of business, the banking institution’s IT department struggled with newly reorganized teams adapting to the new model and staying current on all three cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud) supporting two primary cloud environments.
The organization looked externally for a squad of experts to build and manage its Microsoft Azure environment so its own teams could more easily manage the other two while supporting its banking business. This would include management, support, evolution and optimization of their Azure environment. Following a call for tender, FX Innovation was selected due to its experience supporting Financial Services organizations in their cloud transformations, including:
- The Azure platform and technologies (infrastructure, PaaS/FaaS services, management tools, monitoring, evolution and security of the environment).
- Accelerating cloud transformation.
- Establishing agile and innovative partnerships for a rapid and scalable transition; and
- Governing cloud environment to improve compliance, monitoring and cost management.
A smooth transition to Azure Managed Services with continuous improvement and evolution
A thorough discovery process that uncovered opportunities to evolve the Azure platform and practice, including the upgrade and modernization of more than 850 virtual machines (VMs) and 80 app services. The Azure FX team integrated with the customer's IT organization, including customer/FX business processes.
Next, the fully integrated FX team documented and implemented cybersecurity controls for the Azure platform-- Alignment of policies, standards and norms with CSA, Cloud Control Matrix, NIST, CIS and PCI security frameworks. Automated services were deployed to facilitate the consumption of development environments to improve resilience, backups and operational excellence.
Along with the Azure architecture and service configuration assessment and recommendations, FX implemented a continuous improvement process to support operations and provided resources to support daily tasks. FX Innovation continues to:
- Provide technical capacity to support the organization's activities
- Perform modernization, platform enhancements, security hardening, evolution, and automation
- Provide technical architecture consulting and cost optimization services
- Lead governance meetings twice per year focus on architecture recommendations according to the 5 pillars (WAF), acting as a Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE)
The results: Reduced costs, optimized resources and improved performance quality -- plus an ongoing strategic roadmap and governance to meet the challenges ahead – with a trusted partner.
We are delighted to have entrusted FX with the mandate to maintain our Azure platform on an ongoing basis. Constantly listening, its team of experts is a business facilitator and proposes innovative solutions that bring us tangible value. It takes into account our vision, our working methods and our specific needs